Job Title: Production Cook, Full Time
Hours: Varies, must be available from 5:30 AM – 2:30 PM, Monday - Friday
Reports To: Chef/Manager
Working in a team environment in our state-of-the-art commissary kitchen in Kennesaw, the production cook is responsible for all food production, packaging, and sanitation issues for the kitchen. This is a high volume, fast paced production position that requires a great deal of accuracy as well as exceptional cooking skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares food including cooking, roasting, baking, and the preparation of skillet meals. Ensures compliance with menus, recipes, production schedules, and quality standards.
- Participates in daily testing of foods.
- Portions and packages food to be delivered to clients. May be called upon to assist with the loading of delivery vans.
- Completes preparation assignments for next day’s menu.
- Cleans equipment and performs other sanitation duties as assigned.
- Participates in nutritional demonstrations at client sites, serves clients during special events, and works in other departments/locations as needed.
- May be called upon to deliver food to customer locations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high volume kitchen operation
- Preference given to those with specific culinary education/degrees
- Must have knowledge of various commercial cooking equipment
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees to positively represent ChefAdvantage.
Ability to apply basic arithmetic to common food service applications: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Has a working knowledge of the Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel. Must be able to seamlessly utilize proprietary databases to accurately plan production schedules, meal counts, purchasing specifications and quantities, and similar routine activities.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to be adaptable to sudden changes in production plans, scheduling, and resource allocation, and adept at service recovery.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ServSafe certification preferred and must be obtained within 90 days of employment. Must have a valid Georgia Drivers License.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Job functions are performed primarily in a clean, ventilated, well-lighted temperature controlled environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.